Quick Garageband question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac G5 17 inch w/ 1 gig of ram, 6 gb ipod mini, and 12" Powerbook G4
Ok, so i bought the hookup so i could record bass and guitar into my Imac (G5) but it only seems to record in mono... did i buy the wrong thing? or does it only record mono?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
How could a bass or a guitar possibly give you a stereo signal?!

Reaction score
Yeah. What you need to do is insert your bass/guitar recording in both L and R tracks, this has nothing to do with the hardware...

Though i don't think garageband uses left/right tracks by default in the first place...does it?

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac G5 17 inch w/ 1 gig of ram, 6 gb ipod mini, and 12" Powerbook G4
ok so how do i get it to become stereo, record it once and throw it to the left channel then duplicate and go to the right channel?

I

itsanobscureid

when you add a real instrument in garageband in the advanced options you can select which side its coming in on - i think it defaults to both Left and Right ie a stereo input, but if you select just the left channel it will reproduce the signal in both sides ... hope that makes sense - don't have my ibook at hand to check :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.