PDA

View Full Version : Messages not posted until approved by mod

winsome
02-22-2012, 04:43 AM
Twice now I have posted a reply to a thread only to be notified it would not be shown until approved by a moderator. That's fine and all, but one day later the post is still not visible.

Is this a bug? Or has some mod decided the post was not worthy ? How exactly does this work ?

I.M.O.G.
02-22-2012, 02:09 PM
Not sure why your posts were being triggered. I tuned up the anti-spam settings, your posts should not have been auto-moderated. Your posts had been sitting in moderation, and just had not been manually checked and approved by a moderator yet.

chscag
02-22-2012, 02:47 PM
I just went through all your posts. I see none that are moderated or being held up. Can you be more specific?

winsome
02-22-2012, 02:52 PM
Not sure why your posts were being triggered. I tuned up the anti-spam settings, your posts should not have been auto-moderated. Your posts had been sitting in moderation, and just had not been manually checked and approved by a moderator yet.

I just checked and they've all appeared now. Thanks!

I.M.O.G.
02-22-2012, 03:04 PM
I just went through all your posts. I see none that are moderated or being held up. Can you be more specific?

I should have been more clear. Some of his posts were in moderation, I approved them.

vansmith
02-22-2012, 03:31 PM
I approved this (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/os-x-operating-system/267253-please-help-me-get-annoying-icon-macbook-pro-screen.html#post1373025) one earlier today. I'm guessing that the high number of links combined with your status as a newcomer might have "triggered some alarms."

winsome
02-22-2012, 04:07 PM
I approved this (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/os-x-operating-system/267253-please-help-me-get-annoying-icon-macbook-pro-screen.html#post1373025) one earlier today. I'm guessing that the high number of links combined with your status as a newcomer might have "triggered some alarms."

Thanks guys, I guess it's one of the burderns of being a noob on this forum :)

cwa107
02-22-2012, 04:31 PM
Thanks guys, I guess it's one of the burderns of being a noob on this forum :)

We do have some limitations for new members that are intended to thwart spammers. Many of whom often join a forum and immediately start posting links and images. These first few posts are subject to moderation if they hit specific criteria. Once you get past that threshold, you can post freely.

Sorry for the inconvenience.