• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Vs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone 4s 32GB IOS 5.0.1 / MBP 2011 2.2GHz intel i7 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, OSX 10.8
Not trying to start a holy war or anything (normally happens on this subject) just a quick poll
Who do you think is the best over all company (when it comes to gaming) please explane why you like the one you like and what you don't like about the others.

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
Be a bit more specific? Other than just "gaming"? what are you actually looking for?

OP
Z31daG33k
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone 4s 32GB IOS 5.0.1 / MBP 2011 2.2GHz intel i7 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, OSX 10.8
Games and systems you like most only reason I wrote that is Microsoft and Sony are more than just gaming company's

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
Hasbro. How can you argue with Monopoly, Yahtzee and Clue?

OP
Z31daG33k
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Personally I prefer Nintendo I think there games are more fun and have a better overall feel and story then most other games by the other two (excluding halo it thas a good story) and just feel that nintendo is more innovative then the other two now a lot of poeple call Nintendo "gimmicky" however I call them innovative which at times can seem gimmicky, just like having high confidence can make you seem "cocky" or rude innovation can make a company seem gimmicky... Or that's what I believe

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Personally I prefer Nintendo I think there games are more fun and have a better overall feel and story then most other games by the other two (excluding halo it thas a good story) and just feel that nintendo is more innovative then the other two now a lot of poeple call Nintendo "gimmicky" however I call them innovative which at times can seem gimmicky, just like having high confidence can make you seem "cocky" or rude innovation can make a company seem gimmicky... Or that's what I believe

Nintendo doesn't make games. >_>" They publish games. Which is the same with the other companies.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Nintendo doesn't make games. >_>" They publish games. Which is the same with the other companies.

I'm pretty Sure Sony actually does make some of their own games. I could be wrong, but I know they have their own game development studios.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I'm pretty Sure Sony actually does make some of their own games. I could be wrong, but I know they have their own game development studios.

They do have their own in house gaming studio. Except the only game that comes to mind is Ape Escape and that was on the PSX. >_>" Which is like ages ago.

OP
Z31daG33k
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Nintendo does too make games; Super Mario bros., The legend of Zelda, Metroid, Donky Kong, Smash bros., nintendogs, Kirby, Star Fox... Just to name a few (all listed are series not individual games)
...and Microsoft does make some games but mainly relies on 3rd party just like Sony
Example; Halo (343 industrys), call of duty (actividion), Portal (valve) ect...

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
While I Iike them all, I am much more favourable to Sony's hardware.

The PS3 is the slickest looking system, and has an OS to match. Far less clunky than the green thing Xbox has got going on, and Nintendo spend too long trying to make everything all cute and fluffy.

Also, the Vita's awesome. Blows the 3DS out the water at everything.

So, while I'm a PC gamer (which by the way I'm rather offended that it didn't make the list ;) suppose you could put it under microsoft, but thats a bit misleading ) Sony makes the best consoles in my honest opinion.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
For a gaming console I still prefer Sony to all the others.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram
Voted Sony. Nintendo is good and fun with stuff like Super Mario Bros, but the Wii is most definitely not a serious gaming platform. PS3 v.s. Xbox is no contest, PS3 is just better all around. (IMO)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
Nintendo is the only actual game company still making consoles, and they are always the ones driving innovation in the hardware department through both the devices themselves and the games that make good use of said devices (though it took them like... 5 years to get this done with the Wiimote through Skyward Sword). D-pad, shoulder buttons/triggers, analog controls, controller rumble, first-party wireless controller, and motion controls - all Nintendo. I certainly wouldn't want to see what happens to console gaming without Nintendo to prod it forward. I can't say the same for either of the other two companies on that list (though there does always have to be someone there to provide competition).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.