Help!

Reaction score
Okay so, I acciedently dropped my iPhone in the toilet 5 days ago. :Angry: I have dropped it in water before and it went through its phases of shutting off randomy, the battery draining, ect then was perfectly fine..

This time it doesnt know if it needs the charger or not.. sometimes it can come on without it, but others not so much.. & there's this problem with the battery.. it will say its 1% or whatever percent it may be, and it will be as if its frozen.. even while its charging. & it will sometimes after restart say what it really is, but not always.

Okay this is the part im worried about.. My iPhone will come on, and the signal will be fine.. and then when i guess it feels like it, the screen does something wierd (dims starting from top on down, makes some colors while darkening, ect) then goes off to automatically come on again. I am hoping its minor and it just going through its cycle of drying itself out.

I would like to know what exactly could be causing this, what I can do to fix it, and how to keep it to stay on.

**Having trouble restoring my iDevice. When it is connected to the computer on iTunes, it seems like a reboot loop. While it acts like it is going to come on ,the apple logo comes on the screen and in itunes it recognizes my device(not loaded to homescreen yet}. I go to restore and as its verifying with Apple the screen goes black and the Apple logo reappears then off again as recently explained. Any other ways I could restore would be very helpful, along with any ideas on what i should do(Knowing it is capable of surving because it has happened previously). Toss it or wait for a better outcome?

Thank you, any help would be great. My iPhone is my life, and I'm completely devastated!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Okay so, I acciedently dropped my iPhone in the toilet 5 days ago. :Angry: I have dropped it in water before...

Thank you, any help would be great. My iPhone is my life, and I'm completely devastated!

Stop dropping the iPhone in the toilet!!!;)

Folks should try and avoid dropping their iPhones anywhere at anytime...and certainly not while the iPhone is "hovering" over an uncovered toilet bowl!!!

I'm thinking since this is the 2nd "toilet swim" this iPhone has taken...the iPhone might be a goner this time around.

Learning through trial & error can be an expensive process!;)

Good luck,

- Nick

OP
A
Reaction score
Actually, it is more like the 5th time, it works fine besides cutting off :( and it will usually stay on unless im on the phone or in an application. I just want my phone to work.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Actually, it is more like the 5th time, it works fine besides cutting off :( and it will usually stay on unless im on the phone or in an application. I just want my phone to work.

OUCH...5 TIMES...that's quite a lot!;)

I think that you've had a lot of luck thus far. After 4x-5x in the toilet...maybe more care could be taken not to hold the iPhone over an uncovered toilet. Many times toilet's have "NASTY" things inside of them!!!;)

- Nick

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
5 times!

I'm with Nick on this . . . looks to me like some technicque or behavior changes are in order.

Hope you get your phone squared away BTW.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Simply put, liquid and electronics don't mix. Consider yourself lucky that everything was OK on the 1st occasion, let alone the 3rd or 4th. When liquid intrudes on a circuit board, all bets are off. It can and will randomly short circuits. And if the initial short doesn't kill it, the corrosion that occurs later usually will.

Repairing something like that is a complete crapshoot and there is no way for us to effectively troubleshoot it.

OP
A
Reaction score
My phone always fell out of my back pocket or jacket pocket.. I guess its just my luck.
but okay, I guess i'll hope for the best.

Reaction score
Maybe invest in a waterproof case once you invest in a new non-waterlogged phone. Check out lifeproof cases.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid '11 iMac 21.5", iPad 4 w/Retina Display 16GB, 13.3" MacBook Pro (Late '11) 500 GB HD, 2.4 GHz
OUCH...5 TIMES...that's quite a lot!;)

I think that you've had a lot of luck thus far. After 4x-5x in the toilet...maybe more care could be taken not to hold the iPhone over an uncovered toilet. Many times toilet's have "NASTY" things inside of them!!!;)

- Nick

lol...absolutely hilarious.

OP
A
Reaction score
Well my iPhone was a goner, although it still comes on only if plugged into the charger, and it keeps shutting off and restarting.. but I was thinking that if I replaced the battery if that it would stay on and work perfectly.

What are your thoughts on this? any advice?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.