Mock-up App for Mac?

Reaction score
I would appreciate it if someone can suggest a good, easy to use, app for Mock-ups.
Mock-ups for Apps or websites.

Thanks

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Apps or websites? Those are two very different beasts.

If you're looking for app mockup tools, check this out. You could also just use Interface Builder.

OP
G
Reaction score
Apps or websites? Those are two very different beasts.

If you're looking for app mockup tools, check this out. You could also just use Interface Builder.

Thanks VanS! I could use the tool you suggested since I am interested in developing an App, but I have Snow Leopard OS not Lion. Is it compatible?

Thanks again!

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Interface Builder sure is. The PSD files I linked to however were designed for Lion mockups. That said, I'm sure you could you could much of what was there to create Lion mockups since they share many of the same UI elements.

OP
G
Reaction score
Interface Builder sure is. The PSD files I linked to however were designed for Lion mockups. That said, I'm sure you could you could much of what was there to create Lion mockups since they share many of the same UI elements.

I tried downloading Xcode. It wouldn't let me since I don't have Lion. I guess Snow Leopard is already an OS of the past!....lol

Is interface builder part of Xcode?

There has got to be something out there that I can use with Snow Leopard.

I been holding out with getting Lion since there were a lot of reported issues with it. I have a
2010 Mac Mini. Do you think it should be ok to download it now? Lion that is.

Thanks

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
There should be a SL version of Xcode on the developer website. If there isn't, you can install it from your disk.

As for Lion, there are conflicting reports on whether or not it's a worthy upgrade. It's been a smooth process for me but I'm only 'one sound in a cacophony of different voices'. ;)

OP
G
Reaction score
There should be a SL version of Xcode on the developer website. If there isn't, you can install it from your disk.

As for Lion, there are conflicting reports on whether or not it's a worthy upgrade. It's been a smooth process for me but I'm only 'one sound in a cacophony of different voices'. ;)

I figured out Xcode 3 is compatible with Leopard but I can't find where I can download it from.
I searched the Apple site and it keeps sending me back to the developer page with Xcode 4. Could it be no longer available?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It might not be. Remember though - you can get it off of your install disc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro|15" Hi-Res Anti-Glare|2.2 GHz quad i7|4GB RAM
Yes, it's pretty easy to get it loaded onto your machine from the disc. In case you haven't gotten it figured out yet, here are some pretty decent instructions (pictures included).

Hope you get everything up and running! We'll keep an eye out for your future designs. ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.