Time Capsule

Reaction score
I am new to MacBook Pro.Do I need a time capsule ? What all does the time capsule do? Last will it make my internet connection faster? When I watch a video it takes forever buffering

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I am new to MacBook Pro.Do I need a time capsule ? What all does the time capsule do? Last will it make my internet connection faster? When I watch a video it takes forever buffering

Time Capsule (info directly from the Apple Store):;)

Time Capsule - 2TB - Apple Store (U.S.)

Time capsule is both a backup hard drive device & a wireless router. Time Capsules are pretty expensive. If you already have a wireless router (and don't need a new one)...then you may not need a Time Capsule.

To get the benefits of the Time Capsule's backup features...all you need is a low cost external hard drive ($50-$100).

On the flip side...if you don't mind paying the price & like the idea of an integrated wireless router & backup hard drive...then go for it!:) But you don't NEED a Time Capsule.

HTH,

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
Time Capsule works with Time Machine, which is already on your Mac. But any external drive will work with Time Machine, you don't need a Time Capsule.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.