I screwed up...how to undo?

lrd

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 MacBook Pro 15" - 2013 iMac 3.4GHz quad-core i7, Fusion Drive, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX
I have a label maker that only works in Windows. I connected it to my MBP (Windows installed using Fusion VM) and it asked me if I wanted to connect it to my OSX or Windows and forgetting that it wouldn't work in OSX I told it OSX and (here's my big mistake) checked the box marked never ask me again.

Now I can't access it. How do I undo what I did above?

Thanks!

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
I have a label maker that only works in Windows. I connected it to my MBP (Windows installed using Fusion VM) and it asked me if I wanted to connect it to my OSX or Windows and forgetting that it wouldn't work in OSX I told it OSX and (here's my big mistake) checked the box marked never ask me again.

Now I can't access it. How do I undo what I did above?

Thanks!

I don't run Fusion so don't know if this will work, but I'd try navigating to the APP icon and control (right) clicking on it to see if you can get a menu to pop up allowing you to make the change.

OP
L

lrd

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 MacBook Pro 15" - 2013 iMac 3.4GHz quad-core i7, Fusion Drive, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX
Ah, so you think it is a Fusion message? When you say APP icon, I'm not clear what you mean.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ah, so you think it is a Fusion message? When you say APP icon, I'm not clear what you mean.

Sorry I can't be more specific. Like I said, I don't use Fusion so I am guessing here in an attempt to help, but I am assuming (perhaps incorrectly) that there is an Icon or other alias to launch the Label Maker APP. That is what I meant.

OP
L

lrd

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Nope. The label app is in the label maker firmware. Plug it in and a folder would open with the .exe file.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Nope. The label app is in the label maker firmware. Plug it in and a folder would open with the .exe file.

There almost has to be a driver that is loading on startup to allow your Mac to run the label program. If you uninstall it and do a reinstall you may get a second chance at selecting Windows.

OP
L

lrd

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Don't think so. Everything's in firmware best I can tell.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Don't think so. Everything's in firmware best I can tell.

OK
Well, sorry I couldn't help. Hope you get it sorted out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.