Office programs in Mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27", 3.2 GHz, i5, 16GB 1867 MHz DDR 3, R9 M380 2048 MB
I am about to buy a new Mac after 20 years of PC use. Is the Assistant a good way to transfer files, pictures, emails etc to the Mac? Or should I use a memory stick?

Reaction score
I am about to buy a new Mac after 20 years of PC use. Is the Assistant a good way to transfer files, pictures, emails etc to the Mac? Or should I use a memory stick?

Welcome to the Dark Side! I also switched a while ago. The assistant worked great for me.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for a quick answer. Anything in particular that I should be aware of?

C

chas_m

I'm wondering what your thread title has to do with your question, but apart from that no, there's nothing special you need to do other than buy an external HD to go with your new Mac so you can use Time Machine for backups. The Migration Assistant will do fine, particularly if you've kept your stuff where it was supposed to go (pictures in My Pictures, etc).

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have read your essay with great interest, and shall be looking at it again. Thanks. ( title was an attempt to refer to my Office files that I need to transfer to the new Mac) tada

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.