strange thing happening with my iPad 1

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac , iPad , MBP, iPod
I have my iPad since May 2010. It has been a pleasure and it goes with me every were. Lately though this strange thing happens. Say I am looking at UTube clips on Facebook then suddenly after a few seconds the screen goes back to the main screen with all the apps. Is it breaking down? Have any of you had this happen? :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb
Yes that happens to me too. I just power it off when it does, and that seems to fix it for a couple of days, till it does it again. Never used to do it before updating to IOS5, I have a feeling it's a lack of RAM, but I could be wrong.

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac , iPad , MBP, iPod
Yes that happens to me too. I just power it off when it does, and that seems to fix it for a couple of days, till it does it again. Never used to do it before updating to IOS5, I have a feeling it's a lack of RAM, but I could be wrong.

Thank you for your quick reply. You are probably right about the ram. I hope iPad 3 will have more ram.

C

chas_m

Yes, powering the device completely off will likely fix that, but as Chuckoir says it may happen again due to the low RAM of the original iPad.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
I can attest to the RAM problem, I show the free RAM in the menubar on my Jailbroken iPod.
The RAM will slowly count down the longer I use the iPod (Presumably because all the applications are still open in the app switcher). Then once I have about 20 MB left the iPod promptly crashes.

I know there are people on the internet that say you don't need to bother and close the applications in the app switcher. TiPb Answers: No, you don’t need to kill all the apps in your multitasking dock | iMore

However, in my experience with the free RAM counter I can tell you it keep my apps from crashing as often if I quit them completely since I have more available free RAM.

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac , iPad , MBP, iPod
Thank you all for your reply.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
I have the same issue with my iPod touch because of the lack of ram. I have no issues on my iPhone 4 or iPad 2. i hope they have an update to fix it sometime.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.