How many licences in a download of Logic?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" 750GB harddrive
After careful consideration, I want to go for Logic 9 as a MIDI sequencer/editor on my MacBook as I need to be able to manipulate and export midi files.

I'm likely to buy an iMac within the next 12 months and use that as my main machine for music production. If I download Logic 9 from the Apple Store onto my MacBook now, can I copy and install that download onto the iMac later or will I have to buy another copy for the iMac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0, 1gb ram,80 gig hdd, Powermac G5, 80 Gig HDD, 1/5 gbs of ram. dvd writer
If i'm not mistaken, you can install on two machines that belong to you.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If so, how do I do that? I'm new to Mac and haven't bought anything from the Apple Store yet. I understand that Logic 9 is a big download - too big to copy to a memory stick. If I buy it from the Store, can I download it from there for the 2nd machine in the future or do I have to copy/burn the download?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Purchases made from the Mac App store can be installed on as many Macs that you personally own. There are no license restrictions other than that. Do a search here for instructions on how to download your purchase multiple times without having to pay again.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks, that's what I wanted to know.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.