iTunes with Multiple Iphone/Ipad

Reaction score
Is there a way to keep content separate when syncing either my iphone or ipad with iTunes? I'm using Windows 7 with iTunes.

Thanks,
Chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Yes, music can be organised into playlists.
Podcasts, video, apps, books, playlists can all be selected on a per device basis.

We run an iPad, 4 iPhones, 2 iPod shuffles and a iPod touch. All with separate content and 1 iTunes library

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Yes, music can be organised into playlists.
Podcasts, video, apps, books, playlists can all be selected on a per device basis.

We run an iPad, 4 iPhones, 2 iPod shuffles and a iPod touch. All with separate content and 1 iTunes library

My wife and I do the same thing - 2 x iPhone 4, 1 x iPad 1st gen, and 1 x very old iPod.

iCal and Address Book also give you the option to create different calendars and books to keep your contact and calendar info separate from your family's. iTunes allows you to specify which ones your device will sync too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
I don't think the wonders of iCal and Address Book will do him much good, MMR. :)

(I have made this same mistake, no worries!)

Oh, so now you're telling me that I have to read the entire post? haha Thanks! ;P

Just consider that an endorsement for switching to Mac OS X. Easy sync with your iPhone, iPad. Huh? Huh!! ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" MacBook Pro 4GB, AT&T iPhone 4 16GB, every version iPod, 3rd Gen iPad 16GB 4G+LTE
I have two completely separate music libraries for two separate iPods. If you hold down the Shift key while opening iTunes, a screen asking you which library you want to use will open.
If you need to create a library, you can create one from that window. If all your music is on one library starting out, you can transfer those files by folder or by individual file to the new library.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.