Native Resolution on PC Games/Bootcamp help...

Reaction score
Hey everyone.

I installed Bootcamp with Windows 7 32x and I installed the drivers off my MAC OSX disc. However, when I restarted the computer, my computer's display would not turn on. I saw the Windows 7 logo and then it went black like it was in sleep mode.

I found the solution online to delete the atikmdag.sys file when you're on your Mac partition. I did that and was able to access my Windows deskop. I ran Apple Software Update and my Windows update.

The Windows partition is working fine but my resolution on a game, Mass Effect, is not allowing me to select my native resolution of my monitor which is 1920x1080. It is only allowing me to go up to 1020x800.

I'm currently on a Imac with a ATI Radeon HD 4670 graphics card. I know I am able to max this game out with no problem because I had it maxed out before but I needed more space on my Windows partition, so I did a reinstall.

I looked all over the internet and I could not find anything, anyone have any suggestions?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Make sure you download the "mobile" driver for the Radeon 4670 not the standard desktop driver. Even though your iMac is a desktop it uses the mobile version of the Radeon. That should allow you to get full native resolution.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.