One last issue...hopefully

Reaction score
So far installing windows 7 has not been the brightest of experiences, but now with having been able to get around the internet issue and video drives, sound has yet to work. I've tried installing the drives that I downloaded before I started the process. I've tried installing the drives that were inside the Mac OS X cd. I've also downloaded the drives from the Real Tek website, but nothing seems to work. I've run out of ideas, and if anyone could help me with what I hope is the last issue, you will forever have my gratitude :)

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
What model Mac is this, what version of OSX? Did you let OSX download the drivers before starting the install of W7???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
I've tried installing the drives that I downloaded before I started the process.

Did you get an error messages installing the drivers?
Did Device Manager Have any errors (yellow warning traingles next to device?)
Do you have any speakers/usb headsets etcs connected.

What version of the Bootcamp app in Windows do you have?

OP
G
Reaction score
Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro8,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Boot ROM Version: MBP81.0047.B24
SMC Version (system): 1.69f3
Serial Number (system): C02FND34DF8V
Hardware UUID: E6F13313-F5AB-5AEA-AA97-2B4787CA0C7C
Sudden Motion Sensor:
State: Enabled

There's my computer information.

I had already installed Windows 7, but since I was having problems with drives the first time I completely got rid of the partition. I restarted the process, and downloaded the needed drives from Mac OS X before installing Windows 7 again.

There weren't any error messages when I attempted to install the drives, and when I check the the sound devices on device manager, there are two devices, but neither of them have a yellow warning triangle next to the device. Lastly, no at the moment I do not have any speakers or usb headsets plugged into my laptop. I tried using headphones but they didn't work either.

I'm using version 3.3 of bootcamp.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Go to control panel - sound
Make sure Speakers are set as default.
Select Speakers and click Configure and run the speaker test

OP
G
Reaction score
The speakers were already the default. The computer recognizes that there is sound playing through the speakers, but the speakers aren't making any sound.

When I open dxdiag, the display drives were updated yesterday since that's when I was able to finally get them to work. The sound drives, even though I updated them yesterday, say that I have no updated them since 2010. I'm just wondering why it is not recognizing that I'm updating the drives.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.