Can't find iphoto?

Reaction score
My hard drive burned up in my mac (desk), so they replaced it with a new and said couldn't save any memory. For some reason I cannot get iphoto back or downloaded? everywhere I read it says it is automatically in a macs system, but I have tried everything and everywhere that I know of to get to it with no success. I'm not that great with computers anyway...so don't know if I'm missing something simple or? I sell on ebay and desperately need to edit my pics.....can anyone help?? please??

C

chas_m

I'm having a lot of trouble deciphering your post. It's not very clear.

My interpretation of what you wrote is that your original boot drive crashed in your ... iMac? ... and some technicians put a new one in it but couldn't save your original files. Hopefully that's right so far.

Aside from asking the basics like what model of Mac is it, what OS version are you running and all that sorta stuff, we need to know if you reinstalled the OS from your original system DVDs that came with the machine (or did the techs do that). You obviously have some level of OS on your machine presently, but if they just installed a (bootleg) copy of (let's say) Snow Leopard on there then iPhoto wouldn't be on it because that would come from your original system discs.

Lots more detail and maybe we can help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.