Good Quality Audio CD Burning Software?

Reaction score
I tried searching and saw some software names for cd burning on the mac, but nothing pointed to the quality of cd burning those programs had.

I've used iTunes before on my alienware laptop and I didn't like the quality that iTunes had back them. I use to use Nero 7 on my alienware after that.

I got subwoofers in my vehicle and a good stereo in my house. I enjoy clean, crisp audio with some deep clean bass. I heard people mention Toast Titanium, and it sounds like it cold be good. But it's like 80 bucks after rebate.

So are there any free audio cd burning programs with great quality? Any cheaper audio cd burning programs? And even if it's expensive, whats the best out there?

I would like to have some options to look up to pick and choose with. I know this has probably been asked before, but I just couldn't find anything that really answered my questions in the search on the forum. Sorry if it's repetitive around here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
I really don't think that the burning software makes any difference to the quality at all.
The ripping/recording software will though.
What file format are you burning to CD, and from what source.

OP
J
Reaction score
I normally rip my cd's with iTunes into the AAC format, or I download them off of iTunes Store.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
If your ripping CD's, then make sure you have the import bit rate set as high as possible (320) for the best results in sound quality. With downloads you are governed by the iTunes default bit rate, nothing you can do about that really.
I would also suggest you try using Max as a ripper, instead of iTunes. It's free.

C

chas_m

The iTunes default bit rate is 256, that's not the issue.

Why not TRY burning a CD in iTunes now that you're on a Mac and see what you think? Sounds great to me ...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.