Instagram?

Reaction score
Hi guys. I just created an account on Instagram. Its pretty great! But im Having trouble on taking pics. I see a lot of celebrities taking HQ or HD pics and I can't. I really want to take those kinds of photos cuz when I do it's not that good. It pretty much upsets me. Any help on how to do those?

C

chas_m

What are you using to take pictures I guess would be my first question. I'm not sure if you asking for a primer on basic photography or a technical question, but we have plenty of both types around here so let us know what you've got (and maybe point us to some examples of what you'd like to be doing) and I'm sure a number of people will have some ideas for you.

OP
T
Reaction score
I'm taking photos on my iPhone using Instagram. Lots of pics I take are kinda blurry unlike some others. Some have flashes on their iPhone, the people I follow. Some are really clear unlike mines.

C

chas_m

If you are referring to photos where the main object/person is in focus but the background is blurry, that's the mark of a "real" camera with more aperture control than a phone camera would have.

HOWEVER: there is a pretty nifty app called Finger Focus that can give your pictures something of the same look. Check it out.

App Store - Finger Focus

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MB Air Core i7 256GB, 2011 Mini with 8GB RAM, iPad 2, iPhone 4S, 2TB Time Capsule
C

chas_m

Tiltshift generator -- not the same thing as Finger Focus.

I *love* the tiltshift effect and that program looks like a nifty one, but Finger Focus is more aimed at converting from this (left) to this (right):

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.