Beginning to learn to make apps.

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I recently have had some really good ideas for apps and I am frustrated that I cannot actually make these apps I have got at the back of my head. Firstly I have had some experienced in coding, although every time I have opted to learn languages like PHP, C# etc I seem to give up as it gets frustrating I suppose.

I do have a shallow knowledge of typical coding although I need to learn as a beginner because frankly I am. I already have:

- Various macs
- I have got XCode already installed.

I guess that I am ready to go, but I need to know where some of yous have learnt to make iPhone apps - I think it is objective-c that is the language? I find that I like to work from examples, I do normally use those who post videos on YouTube to learn although I wonder if there is a better alternative. :Cool:

Thank you in advanced, I can't wait to get learning!

Sam.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
There is no substitute for learning by doing. Pick one of your ideas (an easy one) or maybe even start at the very beginning and do an APP that says, "Hello World!"

Honestly, though, if you read your previous post you should understand why you didn't get any responses. Ideas for APPs, songs, movies, books etc are a dime a dozen. The real trick is carrying it out and bringing into the world something worth sharing.

What your post seemed to say is, "I would like to do this, but I so far haven't decided to stick it out and do the hard work."

We can't do that for you. No one can. You have to decide you really want to do this; until you do you are wasting your time and ours. If you do decide you really want to succeed, I am confident you will, and I am also confident you will find plenty of help here when you really need it (which isn't now BTW).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.