How Can I Save Date Stamp to JPEG file HELP

Reaction score
Camera canon EOS XTi OK here goes. I have seen several post all over about software that does not do the job. Maybe I am searching wrong but this is what I need. Seems very easy. All of the JPEGs in IPhoto have the time and date stamp in the info file. If I use Canon's Image Browser I can open any file from iphoto or anywhere on the computer and print the photo with the date and time. Great. But I want to be able to save the image with the time and date stamp so I can print at CVS or Costco etc. How can I do this Help Please. If I can print why not save? Must be some free software, add-on canon product, apple product something? It is too easy and needed for legal or insurance work and everyone uses iphoto.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac 3.06 I3, 16Gig Ram, OSX 10.6.8
Camera canon EOS XTi OK here goes. I have seen several post all over about software that does not do the job. Maybe I am searching wrong but this is what I need. Seems very easy. All of the JPEGs in IPhoto have the time and date stamp in the info file. If I use Canon's Image Browser I can open any file from iphoto or anywhere on the computer and print the photo with the date and time. Great. But I want to be able to save the image with the time and date stamp so I can print at CVS or Costco etc. How can I do this Help Please. If I can print why not save? Must be some free software, add-on canon product, apple product something? It is too easy and needed for legal or insurance work and everyone uses iphoto.

All JPG photos are saved with Exif data that shows a a huge amount of technical information with regard to the camera used, lens, distance to subject and all exposure data. If you own a Windows PC go to Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com and look for iExif software. If you own a Mac search for iExifer software. Both will display the date and time the photo was taken along with all other technical information.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac, 13 MacBook Pro, 11" MacBook Air, 64G iPad, iPhone 4
If I am reading your post correctly you are not looking for a way of reading the date information from the Exif file but a way of saving a version of the photo with the information embedded in the image so it can be seen when the picture is viewed.

I also note that you require this for insurance and legal reasons so I am guessing these pictures have some evidential value and date/time is important. If this is the case I doubt you are on very strong ground in a civil or criminal court case relying on Exif data as it can easily be altered after the picture has been taken. Also any date shown on the face of the picture could not be proved to be the date taken.

If it is simply a case of having a date/time reference on the face of the picture why not do it the easy way. Open the picture in Photoshop, type the required info. on the image and save the image under a new name

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.