Having internet problems need help.

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum website and I joined today because I have a problem with my wireless internet on my computer. I have a Macbook Pro with Mac OS X Version 10.7.2 on it. I recently did a software update and please forgive me if this post is in the wrong section. My problem is, is when I turn the laptop on I have internet fully functioning no problems. Then when I close it, and come back to it say 5 minutes later or even just after it goes to sleep, I will try to open up firefox and a window wont even show up, it just asks if i want to report the problem to apple. If I try to open up Safari the window will come up and it will just say not connected to a network which I clearly am because I tried logging on and off with the wifi password etc and still nothing. The only way that I have corrected this problem is to restart the entire computer. (which gets a tad frustrating having to do it all the time) Please help me out guys because I start school soon and need this fixed before then. Thanks guys

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
How about some more information? Are you using a router and or modem? What kind of encryption are you using?

Also, test your connection by first attaching your MacBook Pro via ethernet to see how it behaves that way.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.