Bought new Elf 310 but software says resolution too low

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 21.5 2011 Stock with Time Capsule. Ipad2 Colecovision
Hello everyone I needed a good point and shoot with decent video capabilities and bought the 310 model. Mac users have told me before that Canon is very Apple friendy. The camera itself is awesome and the videos and photos play just fine without their software disc.

I tried to install the disc but it says resolution is too low. I need lower result option because the higher the res the smaller the screen objects are. I think I am running 1200x700 or close to that. Do I need the software? If I do can I bypass the screen res option?
Since everything is laying fine so far my mind says I do not need it but you guys are the experts :D

Thanks for your help on this!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
I tried to install the disc but it says resolution is too low. I need lower result option because the higher the res the smaller the screen objects are. I think I am running 1200x700 or close to that. Do I need the software? If I do can I bypass the screen res option?

I'm afraid this doesn't make an awful lot of sense . . sorry.
What is it you're trying to do exactly? Is this on your 21" iMac?

Hold on, scratch that. Just re-read it. Think I understand now.

So....
Do you need the software? No

As an aside you may wish to re-visit the screen resolution issue.
If you consider changing your screen res to it's native resolution and increasing text and icon size you'll have a much clearer display to look at

OP
Ghost Rider
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sorry about that. Correct it is on my IMac when I try to install the software is says the resolution is too low. I am not at my computer right now but I will give you guys the exact error along with my resolution tonight. I am just trying to download the Canon Mac software that came with the camera. Again I am not sure I need it though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
OP
Ghost Rider
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok Mr Plow sounds like good advice. I shall do that!
Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Just like to point out to you that the native resolution for your iMac is 1920 x 1080. Not sure I understand why the Canon software is stating that it's too low unless you're not running the iMac native.

OP
Ghost Rider
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
hello Ch
thanks for the response. The resolution out of the box is way to small for me. it looks like ants on a monitor. I changed it but not sure of the exact size. I will respond later with the size I use.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
OK, I understand. The higher resolution of the newer iMacs do make the on screen images and writing smaller. It took me awhile to get used to it also but now that I have, I actually like it better.

However, when I'm doing the forums as like right now, I have everything magnified up somewhat. I also use the extension that our Staff member Vansmith provided and it has helped to make everything much easier on these old eyes.

Again, thanks to Van for the great job!

C

chas_m

Also, just as a side note, you don't need the Canon software at all. Just use iPhoto or whatever you're planning on using.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.