Elements 10 Organiser

Reaction score
I've migrated form PC to MAC and installed Elements 10. All my files however are now showing the date the files were created / modified - i.e. the date I got the MAC. Is there any way to force the Organiser to use the shooting date which is still correctly identified in the EXIF file?

Thanks

C

chas_m

I don't know Elements 10 at all so I may not be much help, but you've correctly identified the problem, it's using the FILE dates instead of the EXIF dates. Stupid Adobe ... ah well, anyway, if there's no obvious preference I would first check any Adobe support forums for Elements 10 to get an answer, and if there isn't one you may need to batch-process the photos in an automated script of some kind to have the Finder change the files date to the EXIF date, and then re-import them into Elements.

But I would guess that Elements DOES have a way of recognizing EXIF dates already. I'd be surprised if that wasn't the case, since it would make Elements useless as an organizer for digital photos.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.