13" MacBook Air i5

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" uMBP: iPhone 4
Wow - this little gem arrived from Apple today.
it is the 4GB, i5 1.7GHz, 128GB SSD model. This thing is SNAPPY!

I have been in awe comparing speeds of against my 2010 i5 MBP [admittedly this has 5400rpm spindle speed]. The aesthetics of this machine is also simply amazing for how it performs.

I have now placed an order for an Airport Extreme router so that I can migrate my iTunes, iPhoto, iMovie, and media to a makeshift NAS [using the USB connection to an external HDD] to keep the storage level low on the SSD.

I also have a new iPad2 arriving in a couple of weeks too.:p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MB Air Core i7 256GB, 2011 Mini with 8GB RAM, iPad 2, iPhone 4S, 2TB Time Capsule
Good pick up!

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
I got my wife one for Christmas and was enjoying playing with it - definitely makes me want to put an SSD in my MBP. Now I just need to quit talking about it ...and actually do it...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Air, 1.7GHz i5, 4GB RAM, 128GB SSD; iPhone 4s; iPod Classic 6th Gen
I got mine a few weeks ago and have been thoroughly impressed with this system.

That isn't hard to do coming from a Dell XPS laptop that could fry an egg after a few minutes of watching Flash content.

Reaction score
Have you noticed a sort of... forcefield of static energy around it? Like a buzzing you can feel when you run your fingers over it sometimes? I feel like mine is trying to assimilate me sometimes. Creeps me out. Has anyone else noticed it?

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
I have not experienced this - and I don't think you should be either - you might want to have it looked at.

Reaction score
I've deduced it only does it when its plugged in. Which... um... yeah... I should get that looked at. You're right. Crap.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
I love the macbook air, i dont think that i am going to get one because i use my imac more then my MBP because i dont take it to school anymore. The imac is almost perfect for everything i need. I put an SSD in my mid 2010 MBP with 8gb of ram and a 2.4 c2d with that SSD it is just as fast as the new macbook air.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Air, 1.7GHz i5, 4GB RAM, 128GB SSD; iPhone 4s; iPod Classic 6th Gen
Have you noticed a sort of... forcefield of static energy around it? Like a buzzing you can feel when you run your fingers over it sometimes? I feel like mine is trying to assimilate me sometimes. Creeps me out. Has anyone else noticed it?

When I originally read this I thought you were describing like an excitement when you touched and looked at your computer not an actual electrical current. lol

Let us know what the Apple Store says!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.