IDVD NTSC and PAL

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 DP 1.8 160 Super Drive 17 " Display
I have a movie that I want to send to Italy. They have PAL. Is there anyway I can check the DVD when burned that it is OK for the PAL DVD player? I hate to send it there and they can't view it.

F

freddy@thefox

Preferences

I am experiencing the same problem in reverse. In the preferences of iDVD it gives you the option to burn NTSC or PAL. I just did a DVD in NTSC (wrong format for the UK) and it played back on my MAC and on Playstation.

If you burn PAL you should be fine.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 DP 1.8 160 Super Drive 17 " Display
freddy@thefox said:
I am experiencing the same problem in reverse. In the preferences of iDVD it gives you the option to burn NTSC or PAL. I just did a DVD in NTSC (wrong format for the UK) and it played back on my MAC and on Playstation.

If you burn PAL you should be fine.

I did it with NTSC and sent it anyway to Italy. It worked fine. They said they had no problem in their set top DVD player. My daughter is in London now for school and she can play in her player also.

D

domeru

I'm from Europe and like to tell you that our dvd-players can read NTSC and PAL. It works fine. What doesn't work with dvd's is Region code 1, unless we have a Region code-free player. Hope, that helps.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.