PDA

View Full Version : iphoto dates are wrong

Weezie
01-06-2012, 02:17 AM
This is my first time posting and I am not very computer saavy yet. When I download photos from my camera to iphoto the dates are wrong. They are always one year off. In Dec. the photos I downloaded said 2010 and now in Jan. they say 2011. How do I correct this? Is the problem perhaps with my camera or is it the computer? I'd appreciate some help.

chas_m
01-06-2012, 08:50 AM
It's almost certainly your camera. Reset the date in your camera according to your camera's instruction manual.

You can alter the dates of the already-wrong pictures in iPhoto.

Dysfunction
01-06-2012, 02:44 PM
iphoto uses the metadata that's inserted into the images to determine date (the exif data to be specific), so yep.. it's the camera

luis013
01-09-2012, 06:36 PM
You're not alone with this problem and if they have reason peers in the publications above, is the camera ;D

KarenKay
01-24-2012, 11:15 AM
It's almost certainly your camera. Reset the date in your camera according to your camera's instruction manual.

You can alter the dates of the already-wrong pictures in iPhoto.

I have googled this question over and over and FINALLY you provided the answer! MY CAMERA needed to have the date change! THANKS fot he quick fix!

HOWEVER, must I go thru the hundreds of albums that i have in my iphoto and change ONE at at TIME or is there a quick fix? Please, please, please (oh, and I too, and not computer savvy!!)

ncg45
01-24-2012, 02:19 PM
From i Photo Help section:

To change a photo’s information:
Select the photo.

Click the Info button.

Click the title or description field, and then type the new information.

Tip: To change the title, date, or description for multiple photos at once, select the photos and choose Photos > Batch Change. Then choose your options from the pop-up menus and click OK.