Time Capsule without a network? Help Please!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Unibody Macbook Pro, Iphone 4 16G
I am in the market for an external hard drive for my PC and macbook pro unibody. I recently found a Time capsule 500GB on local CL for a pretty good deal (I thought) $80. Where I am living right now though I don't have internet besides tethering off my Iphone, but will be moving to somewhere with internet within the next year. Just wondering if I will be able to use the Time capsule with just the USB? and whether it will also work with my PC?

Any help or advice is appreciated.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
If you mean can you attach the Time Capsule to your Mac via USB and use it as a hard drive I don't think that will work but I've never tried it.You should be able to use it by connecting it to the Mac via Ethernet. I think you would need to set it in bridge mode so that it is not trying to assign your Mac an IP address.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MB Air Core i7 256GB, 2011 Mini with 8GB RAM, iPad 2, iPhone 4S, 2TB Time Capsule
It will work just fine via ethernet or over WiFi. It can establish a WiFi network, it just won't be connected to the internet.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.