PDA

View Full Version : Right click in office (windows/parallels)

DebinD
01-02-2012, 10:39 PM
We are running office 2010 via windows using parallels on our iMac. The right click short-cut using the Control button doesn't seem to work. Will a traditional 2 button mouse work? Is there another shortcut key I'm missing?

DebinD
01-06-2012, 12:12 PM
Anyone?

chscag
01-06-2012, 03:45 PM
What kind of mouse are you using? Office 2010 running in a Windows VM should respond to a right click just as it does if it were running on a Windows computer.

DebinD
01-06-2012, 05:25 PM
I'm using the apple magic touch mouse.

chscag
01-06-2012, 11:27 PM
I have a wireless Magic Mouse and can't stand it. Being old fashioned I switched back to my trusty USB Logitech optical mouse that I bought at Wal-Mart. I had problems using the right click or control click even in OS X but that was not the fault of the mouse - probably me.

The best I can suggest is see if there are any adjustments or settings within Parallels that you can make. I'm not familiar with Parallels as I own and use Fusion. But to answer your question about a two button USB mouse, I'm sure that it would work OK.

DebinD
01-07-2012, 09:14 AM
Actually contrary to what I've read on-line and in books -there is a setting to turn on "right click" on the magic mouse. All you do is click on the right side even though there isn't a separate button. It works great -in Mac mode and in Word/Excel etc in the Virtual Machine!