Beatles White Album missing cover in iTunes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 27" iMAC 3 GHz Intel Core i5, 1TB HD, Radeon Pro 570X 4 GB graphics card, 8 GB DDR4 RAM
Anyone know how to get the missing album cover art for the White album?

Is this a problem with iTunes?

Thanks

Tom

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Do you have the title correct?

As in:

The Beatles (White Album)

Note: The album name is "The Beatles", it's self-titled. The White Album is a nickname.

OP
TomServo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 27" iMAC 3 GHz Intel Core i5, 1TB HD, Radeon Pro 570X 4 GB graphics card, 8 GB DDR4 RAM
Do you have the title correct?

As in:

The Beatles (White Album)

Note: The album name is "The Beatles", it's self-titled. The White Album is a nickname.

It loaded as you show above. So if I remove the (white album) iTunes will download the cover? I'll try that and let you know.

Tom

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It might, iTunes has it in parens so that might be worth a shot too. You can always do what I did for many lp's and download the album art from the net and add it manually.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Not being a smart *** but are you saying you are not getting the big solid white cover with just the words The Beatles on it because my cousins daughter got this and thought there was missing album art and I told her this is the way its always been.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Not being a smart *** but are you saying you are not getting the big solid white cover with just the words The Beatles on it because my cousins daughter got this and thought there was missing album art and I told her this is the way its always been.

It's even better with the LP, just embossed lettering.. no color on it at ALL... under the right light, you can't even see "The Beatles" :D

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
If it still doesn't show up properly, all you have to do is find a JPEG of the cover. Right click in iTunes on the album and select Get Info, then tab to the Artwork page and drag and drop the JPEG. Click Save and you are done.

C

chas_m

TomServo: Did you buy the White Album from iTunes? If you did, you should most certainly have gotten the art. Can you clarify that?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
OP
TomServo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
TomServo: Did you buy the White Album from iTunes? If you did, you should most certainly have gotten the art. Can you clarify that?

It was my CD. The naming convention it loaded in my iTunes library matches exactly what is in the iTunes store. Every other Beatles album displays the album art.

Tom

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Just do it manually as suggested above. You'll save yourself the headache of trying to get iTunes to do this (especially since it doesn't seem to like the way you've named it thus far).

OP
TomServo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If it still doesn't show up properly, all you have to do is find a JPEG of the cover. Right click in iTunes on the album and select Get Info, then tab to the Artwork page and drag and drop the JPEG. Click Save and you are done.

Just tried this and it worked. WOW learn something new everyday.

Thanks so much.

Tom

PS: The reason I'm obsessing over this is since I received an iPad for my birthday the way it displays my music library has become more important to my experience in owning Apple products. That maybe shallow but it's how I perceive things now.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
PS: The reason I'm obsessing over this is since I received an iPad for my birthday the way it displays my music library has become more important to my experience in owning Apple products. That maybe shallow but it's how I perceive things now.
I get the feeling many people here will agree with you. I get very agitated if I notice album art missing - I usually correct it immediately upon noticing it (light case of OCD perhaps?).

OP
TomServo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I get the feeling many people here will agree with you. I get very agitated if I notice album art missing - I usually correct it immediately upon noticing it (light case of OCD perhaps?).

Maybe a major case of OCD, but that's what makes life interesting. BTW using the manual method I was able to fix 100% of the 350+ CD's I have in my iTunes Library. I also learned that in those instances I had faulty Album Art associated with an album the only way to delete/replace it was to delete the entire album and reload it.

Thanks to all that helped.

Tom

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I feel your pain. Album art is still my primary means of shuffling through music.

OP
TomServo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I feel your pain. Album art is still my primary means of shuffling through music.

And to be honest, us older types recall the emotional impact and artistic joy of the album jacket back in the day.

In fact I'm finding and buying autographed albums I'll frame and hang in my media room. The problem is I'm limited to about 10 or 15 examples of my favorite artists/albums and the autographed albums can be pricey. Any Beatles album can easily hit $1K+ if/when they become available. But I do have one from the Moody Blues and Simon and Garfunkel.

Tom

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Shhhh. I still regularly used a *gasp* turntable. :)

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.