disc eject problems - macbook

Reaction score
I can't eject the disc in my macbook and can't open finder. When trying to open finder I receive the error message 'the application finder.app can't be opened - 10810'. Help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
have you tried rebooting? While you're at it, hold down the space bar, the disk should eject.

OP
D
Reaction score
have you tried rebooting? While you're at it, hold down the space bar, the disk should eject.

I tried that Mike, but unfortunately can't get it to work. I can't reboot. The menu items under the apple icon won't work. When I click on them nothing happens. When I hold down the space bar it just makes a repetitive sound and nothing happens.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Force quit the finder (Option-Shift-Command-Esc (hold for three seconds)). It will restart the desktop bascally and should free up anything that's stopping you from logging out. You can force quit any application that is showing as not responding too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
I tried that Mike, but unfortunately can't get it to work. I can't reboot. The menu items under the apple icon won't work. When I click on them nothing happens. When I hold down the space bar it just makes a repetitive sound and nothing happens.

If force quitting Finder doesn't help, you may have to force power off. You can't eject because your system is hung.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.