How to connect a fax/dail-up modem to my Mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook - 2.26ghz intel core 2 dual, 8 gbs RAM, 500 gbs ROM
Hi,
I'm new to this forum, so any help would be appreciated.
My problem is that I bought a dail-up/fax modem from dinodirect.com as shown here: Anpou V9.2 56Kbps External USB 2.0 Fax Modem - DinoDirect.com
It has on the box a Mac logo so I assumed it would be Mac compatiable, however the software cd that came with it had no Mac drivers only Windows and Linux, so I figured it didn't need a driver. However when I plug it into my Mac and go to network it doesn't show up, and when I go to create a new network the dail-up area is shaded out. The chip set in it is a Conexant, but I can't find any drivers of it for Mac either. I'm running out of ideas, what can I do to get it to work?
Thanks
Btw I'm running Snow Leopard 10.6.8 on a White Macbook

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
That Mac sticker next to the Windows one looks very old like it's for older Mac OS's. Also in the specs everything says Windows. I will search around and see if I can find anything more.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

My last two broadband ISPs do not provide a dialup service anymore, so I wonder how you will get on if you are in the same boat?

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That Mac sticker next to the Windows one looks very old like it's for older Mac OS's. Also in the specs everything says Windows. I will search around and see if I can find anything more.

Well if you find anything it would be appreciated, I haven't upgraded to lion yet so ppc drivers should work, unless it's a classic os driver.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
That is great. Down Under we are experiencing the roll out of the National Broadband Network, an ultra high speed cable connection. One of the disadvantages seems to be the end of dialup.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.