Image Capture not working with iPhone 4S

Reaction score
Whenever I connect my iPhone 4S to my Macbook (OS 10.5.8), Image Capture pops up. But it quits unexpectedly even if I only just change the Download To folder.

I managed to download photos from my phone to my computer the first time. Ever since then it hasn't been working.

iTunes works just fine, I can sync applications. So it's not the USB cable.

I've tried rebooting the phone and I also made sure to unlock the phone before plugging it into my computer. I tried quitting Image Capture Extension before plugging the phone back in. It doesn't solve the problem, please help.

Process: Image Capture [482]
Path: /Applications/Image Capture.app/Contents/MacOS/Image Capture
Identifier: com.apple.ImageCaptureApp
Version: 4.0 (376)
Build Info: ImageCapture-4000102~1
Code Type: X86 (Native)
Parent Process: launchd [69]

Reaction score
I too am having this problem and can't find anyone else who knows anything about it....

does someone out there know how to help me?!?!

C

chas_m

In sewfee's case, I'd suggest using OnyX to reset the launch services database. In fact, under "Automation" I would check all boxes except web history and let it run (and restart the machine).

OP
S
Reaction score
Hello and thanks for your help! I did what you suggested, even fixed disk permissions and cleared caches but it didn't work. And I did it twice. But this time, I can change the Download To folder without any problem even though Image Capture quit after that.

I also made sure I wasn't running any applications besides Image Capture but it still crashes once I select the correct Download To folder and click Open.

C

chas_m

Try this: located Image Capture's preferences file (should be in your User Library somewhere) and delete it.

jkd: If you're on Lion and can't see your home folder's Library file, use the Go command in Finder to go to it (it's invisible but its still there).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.