Windows 7 software DL issues

Reaction score
Apologies if this is the incorrect area for this question.

I recently downloaded Windows 7 on my imac, and I had to download the software from Apple required to put drivers before the complete installation of Windows is done. I put them on a USB drive and had minor issues that I was able to figure out. I am now trying to do the same thing with my macbook air, and I have the drivers on a usb drive ready to install. I keep getting a message when I select them that the drivers haven't been signed or are not being recognized. This is in the Windows installation, whenever you choose the partition that boot camp is going to be on. If there is a solution to this problem I'm all ears.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I've moved your post here to the "Running Windows......." forum where it belongs.

Did you download a driver image from Apple for the MBA? You can not use the drivers you downloaded from Apple that are for the iMac. The message about drivers not being signed is not fatal, however, drivers that are not recognized will not install.

OP
E
Reaction score
I downloaded the windows software when you first start up boot camp assistant. I did the same things with the imac and it worked. When I open the file that I download, it doesn't recognize that I have it.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The file may be corrupt. Try downloading the driver image file from Apple again for your MBA and copy it to the USB drive. Let's see if it will work the second time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.