ZoneAlarm

W

wilfried

Is there a similar program for the mac? I am not interested in the firewall but I'd like to know what apps are connecting to the net.

OP
K

kakosc

If you go into system preferences - sharing - firewall there is a list of ports and what they are used by. If you click New.. you can add more. If the firewall is going and you have made a list of apps that can access the internet then its kind of a litte bit the same as the zonealarm thing. Its not the same, but I dont know of any applications that do that for mac. Then again I really havent looked :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
There are similar, in google with Mac firewall as the search argument you'll find such as Brickhouse - sunshield netbarrier... but the native Mac firewall is easily enough! It's based on the latest BSD and you really can't go wrong with that ;) If you feel you need to, you can even log the firewall - but that does use system resource. :)

OP
T

Temp

Oh, I see.

It isn't necessary to copy and paste the link.

Sorry for the confusion.

OP
S

StarManta

It also isn't necessary to reply to yourself, there's a nice little Edit button. :)

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
StarManta said:
It also isn't necessary to reply to yourself, there's a nice little Edit button. :)

Why?

I talk to myself all the time. :p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.