Original Airport Card Help!!

Reaction score
I have Mirror Drive Door G4 that I just got an Airport card for (original 802.11b, not Extreme or Express). It can see the network, but gives a password error. I'm pretty sure the network is WPA (not WPA2) encrypted, and I think the machine meets all the requirements to use WPA (accoriding to this: AirPort Card: When You Can Join a WPA Network)

I'm running OS 10.3.9 and installed Airport4.2 software, but the dialog box for entering the password only gives WEP or LEAP options.

Could I be missing a driver? Is Airport 4.2 not running properly on 10.3.9? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I don't think I can get the administrator to change the encryption - It's for my whole building.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

One question. What does Apple System Profiler (About this Mac > Airport) say about the Airport Card? They do fail. Double check on that WPA2 which is more common than simple WPA and original Airport Cards will not be supported under WPA2.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks -
The Card looks ok in System Profiler - running firmware 9.52

A quick check on my phone tells me the wireless is WPA/WPA2 PSK.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.