iPhone can't surf & turf on Verizon

Reaction score
iPhone useless on Verizon. I just got a call from my daughter (iPhone on Verizon) and she wanted to know where she was so I simply said "hold on honey I will use find my phone and locate you" WRONG!!!!!!! *Because you can't surf and talk at the same time on Verizon I could not locate her until she hung up. Switching to AT&T. I can't believe how bad the iPhone has made Verizon look. Picking CDMA was the worst choice Verizon ever made.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
This is true, but I've found the voice quality and reception to be so much better than any GSM phone I've ever used. For the few number of times I've ever needed to talk and surf at the same time, I'd rather have the better reception and voice quality (personally). I can always call the person back, it's not that difficult to dial - and I'm sure they'd rather me do that anyway instead of having to hear my fingers tapping around the screen.

Reaction score
Verizon issue

iPhone useless on Verizon. I just got a call from my daughter (iPhone on Verizon) and she wanted to know where she was so I simply said "hold on honey I will use find my phone and locate you" WRONG!!!!!!! *Because you can't surf and talk at the same time on Verizon I could not locate her until she hung up. Switching to AT&T. I can't believe how bad the iPhone has made Verizon look. Picking CDMA was the worst choice Verizon ever made.

They didn't "pick CDMA", they've always been it and thus NO multitasking as on AT&T's network.

C

chas_m

#firstworldproblems

You're the first person I've ever encountered who was on Verizon and didn't know this about CDMA.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.