Copying Photos from PC onto iPAD

Reaction score
Photographer with lots of Photos in albums (files called for example - 2011.11.09 Zambia Safari Collection) on MS PC. Wish to load copies onto my iPAD in those self same Albums and in exactly the same Order - they having been sorted in both Date & Time order and Numerically - jpeg.01, jpeg.02, jpeg.03, etc.

However, I find that when copied over using the 'iTunes sync facility', they invariably appear in haphazard order & in random Albums.

Maybe, I am doing something wrong in the 'iTunes sync' process - so a complete recap on exactly what I should be doing might be very pertinent.

Or ...... - is it something else ......?

Many Thanks for any insights/advice and counsel.

And a Great Festive break to one and all

Reaction score
I would like to know a solution to this too please if anyone can help.

It seems the organisation of photos etc on iPad could be simpler!

OP
S
Reaction score
Jayhtee

I am a user of Adobe Lightroom (on Windows PC), for sorting Photos etc, and have asked the self same Question of some emmanent Experts on their Forum.

I can play with the Images (in Adobe LR), then 'export' them to a file to store etc. They are all in a perfectly straight forward numerical and chronological order in Individual Folders.

When I copy these on to the iPAD -----------ALL **** BREAKS LOOSE.

The answer that I am getting fallegedly ocuses on the Apple v Windows battle. Seems the Issue can currently only be resolved by buying a MAC, where there is software available.

Apple are (allegedly) well aware of the Issue.

Keep each other posted if any News appears ......... ?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.