Cons of jailbreaking your iPhone

Reaction score
Hey everybody!

I'm going to Spain for 8 months and I have an iPhone 4. I'm wondering what the drawbacks are to jailbreaking. They charge me 50 euros for doing so, but its far better than attempting it myself (I tried with my iPhone 3G and now it's completely unusable) and than buying a new one with a contract blah di blah.

When I come back to the US could I still use it with my ATT sim card?

Thanx to all for reading and commenting.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone 3GS Black, Macbook 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 1GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
Why do you need to jail break it?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
The couple of times I JB'ed my phone was pretty simple with whatever application I used back then. A lot of people do it, so make sure you follow the instructions properly and you should be OK.

Now it does beg the question why you want to JB in the first place, you looking for some feature or something? JB'ing it has nothing to do with unlocking the phone for use on alternate carriers..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
I have an older 3G iPhone that I purchased in England (O2 carrier SIM card) and brought back stateside. I JB'd it and it works great for me with Verizon. Maybe not to the impressive effects of the 3GS or 4, but it suits my needs.

Reaction score
The couple of times I JB'ed my phone was pretty simple with whatever application I used back then. A lot of people do it, so make sure you follow the instructions properly and you should be OK.

Now it does beg the question why you want to JB in the first place, you looking for some feature or something? JB'ing it has nothing to do with unlocking the phone for use on alternate carriers..

Is it possible to remove the SIM lock without JB-ing? I'm curious myself :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.