Quickbooks problem - AGAIN!!

Reaction score
Alright, here's a call out to any other frustrated Mac people who have been trying to run accounting software on a Mac. What terrible people we are. Especially if we live in Canada...
Try as I might, I have realized that there really isn't a solution for QuickBooks for a Mac, Canadian version. I tried to download the Windows version and run it in Parallels. Didn't work. Tried many *other* things and then finally resorted to running a trial version US edition on my Canadian MacAir. But this is done and I have relented to a newly purchased PC computer. Now I have new problems.
Not only is it difficult to transition from Mac to PC, but adding Canadian edition to US versions, and i'm back at square one. Nothing works when I try to transfer over files.

Anyone else have experience fixing this difficult problem?

Frustrated in Canada,
Sam

OP
S
Reaction score
The heart of the problem is switching FROM a Mac to a PC. That the is first part of the problem, and wondering if anyone else has gone through this with Quickbooks. And then the more obscure problem of switching from a US version to a Canadian version of Quickbooks. Anyone else tried this, even from Mac-Mac? There are inherent difficulties here that are difficult to answer.
Thanks to all those who have put a mind to this for a few minutes.
Parallels wasn't a solution for me, unfortunately.
++
=

Reaction score
I am taking QuickBooks hosting service from a cloud computing and application hosting service provider. As I am using hosted QuickBooks, all of my data and QuickBooks software are installed on QuickBooks hosting service provider’s server and not on my machine. All of the QuickBooks’ technical issues or errors or problems are solved by host’s technical experts. I am getting full support for both the hosting service and QuickBooks software.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. Yes, this service is new since I wrote the thread. I'm supposing you a Mac user, but curious if you have experience with the old Quickbooks and how this compares. I had been waiting for this to drop, but it kept getting delayed. thanks,
sam

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.