OS Lion, Boot Camp and Windows XP

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early 2015 rMBP
I'm running the lasest OSX Lion and want to use Boot Camp to install Windows XP. Is this possible? I haven't been able to find an exact answer.

Reaction score
I am looking at doing exactly the same, but I had come to the conclusion that the version of Bootcamp supplied with Lion, will only support Windows 7.
I have read of potential work-arounds, but haven't yet tried any.

I want to run Bootcamp XP on a mid 2010 Macbook pro.
Was just thinking that I might have to re-install the original SL OS in order to achieve this.

Neil

Reaction score
boot camp for windows xp

I purchased an iMac late Nov 2011. I gather from the reply from harryb2448 that windows xp is no longer supported by boot camp?

If true, can I load windows 7 in boot camp and run all my windows xp, ver 2002, apps and files? I've heard that win 7 is difficult to "bring in" files and apps from earlier windows versions?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I think there is some confusion here....

Boot Camp is an application that helps to install Windows. That's why it's called the Boot Camp Assistant. It assists by partitioning your hard drive non destructively and preparing it for an install of Windows.

The reason Windows XP and Windows Vista are not supported on newer hardware - 2010, 2011 Macs is because Apple provides no drivers. Only drivers for Windows 7 are supplied.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.