Time capsule and wireless printing

Reaction score
I finally made the plunge from PC and ordered an iMac. I have a wireless printer HP that does not have a usb port, which prints fine connected to my wireless network. I like the Time Capsule with its router and backup capabilities but before I get one I have a question. I have yet to find anywhere that says wireless printers do not have to be connected to the time capsule without usb. Does the time capsule have the capability to print from my wireless network without connecting using usb to time capsule?
Thanks

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Which HP printer do you have? Since it already has wireless capability built in what you want to do should work as long as that printer has Mac drivers. I have a Canon wireless printer that does not need to connect to the Time Capsule with USB. In my case USB made the initial setup easier.

OP
L
Reaction score
Ok what an idiot I am.....it DOES have a usb port on the printer....I just never used it, so I guess I'm good to go with the time capsule either wirelessly or usb!!!

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
That printer has Mac drivers on the HP site. If you have it check the documentation for exact setup procedure. Some printers have a wireless utility that must be run first. With some printers it is easiest to set up USB printing to get the driver working then run network setup.

My suggestion would be to try the HP wireless setup first. If you simply install the driver and connect the Time Capsule via USB some functions may be lost or diminished. My Canon for example will not show ink levels on my computer screen when connected this way.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.