Syncing issues between CE PDA & Boot Camp Mac

Reaction score
I have a Mac running Snow Leopard and have a boot camp partition where I
have Windows XP installed. However I am UNABLE to connect my old Windows CE Jornada 720 and sync. I have tried syncing via USB, and most recently purchased a USB to serial adaptor on ebay and connected it to Windows, installed the driver and still cannot sync. There is nothing wrong with the Jornada or its serial cable as the Jornada syncs just fine with my ANCIENT Windows 98 Laptop. What are your thoughts? Thanks..

John

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
That machine is practically an antique. Does it have drivers for Windows XP? If not, that might be your issue. Windows XP was a radical departure from Win9x in terms of the underlying archetecture. So, if there isn't an updated software package for XP (should be available from HP's support site), you're likely going to have trouble with it - even in Boot Camp.

OP
E
Reaction score
That machine is practically an antique. Does it have drivers for Windows XP? If not, that might be your issue. Windows XP was a radical departure from Win9x in terms of the underlying archetecture. So, if there isn't an updated software package for XP (should be available from HP's support site), you're likely going to have trouble with it - even in Boot Camp.

I have used the machine on XP PC's before so not sure what the problem is. I installed MS Active Sync but maybe I need to try reinstalling it. Will that work?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.