Bootcamp partition, restart = no bootable device

mpf

Reaction score
I've been having some issues with bootcamp. I created a partition, but after doing so I did not get a bootcamp icon on my desktop. I removed the partition and recreated it with the same result (no desktop icon). I quit the installation process to see if I could figure out what the issue was from forums, but didn't find anyone with that problem.

I decided to restart my computer to start from scratch (though the partition was still in place), and when I did I got the message "No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key."

My comp is backed on time machine, but does anyone know what is going on with this? Even if I reinstall everything and use time machine, I'll still be no closer to figuring out why bootcamp is giving me issues installing windows 7. I'd like to avoid resorting to the time machine hassle, if possible.

These are my specs:
21 in iMac i5 processor
OS 10.6
Bootcamp 3.0

Any advice would be totally appreciated. I've been banging my head against the wall about this all day.

Update: I've got my comp back up and running, and I'm back to square one. I created a partition, but I still don't get the bootcamp icon to appear on my desktop when I do. Every set of instructions I've read says that after you create the partition, you should get a bootcamp icon on your desktop. Has anyone else had this issue?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.