synchronizing two iMac, Lion

Reaction score
I need to have two iMac with about 5 Gbyte synchronized data, mainly doc-files and pdf-files.
I checket iCloud and iWork but it works only in browser and not in original programs like word, excel and photoshop.

How do i synchronize my two Macs over two different networks (not over the same server and distance between a few miles)?

Do I have to find my Macs over the net or can I find a solution with iCloud. MobileMe had a nice storage space that worked but seems to be phasing out.

any quick help appreciated.

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
Dropbox will be a good solution for this - quick and easy. Just have your programs work off of folders you set up in dropbox. Dropbox Link Yes - that's my referral link but I need some more space and you get more free space by using a referral link as well. :)

OP
K
Reaction score
Thanx for a quick answer and seemingly simple solution.
I'll try it out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.