Boot Camp Problem

Reaction score
Please help me, I've been trying to download Ubuntu via Boot Camp so what i did is, I created the partition, burned the CD and then reboot up my Mac. I have rEFIt installed so I picked the Boot Camp partition, Then it shows up an error "No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key" I press the keys and it doesn't work I tried this like 10 times. :Shouting:

Steps I did / Things that happened:

1. Created boot camp partition
2. Rebooted my Mac and select boot camp partition
3. Shows up error message
4. Removed boot camp partition
5. Then repeated all the steps

Please, please help.
Thank You.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Quit beating yourself up trying to install Ubuntu via Boot Camp and using the rEFIt boot loader. Just download the free VirtualBox from Oracle, install it, insert your Ubuntu CD and you'll be up and running in about 15 minutes.

The way you're going about trying to install Ubuntu could well lead to damaging your OS X partition. GRUB has a nasty way of overwriting the Mac boot sector.

OP
B
Reaction score
Quit beating yourself up trying to install Ubuntu via Boot Camp and using the rEFIt boot loader. Just download the free VirtualBox from Oracle, install it, insert your Ubuntu CD and you'll be up and running in about 15 minutes.

The way you're going about trying to install Ubuntu could well lead to damaging your OS X partition. GRUB has a nasty way of overwriting the Mac boot sector.

I've been trying to avoid using virtual machines but thank you very much for keeping my Mac safe and for letting me run Ubuntu. :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.