160gb windows partition?

Reaction score
Hi,

I have finally left the dark side and have my wonderful mac pro. Unfortunately I do need to install windows aswell :Grimmace:

I loaded my Windows 7 installation disc and started the process of disc partition through bootcamp; however I have run into a problem where windows will not install due to insufficient space... it got to the point where I partitioned it to 150gb and it still wasn't enough! This just doesn't seem right (but I am a complete novice) although I haven't even started installing Excel, MSP etc.

Can anyone help? Is there something that im doing wrong? Do I need to go down the route of increasing the h/d disc space?

Thanks,
Very Mac newbie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

First up your drive needs to be in a single partition, formatted Mac OS Extended (Journalled) prior to starting Bootcamp. Go to Bootcamp Assistant in utilities, download the drivers and burn to a CD, and print the guidelines. Then start Bootcamp and select the size of your partition and 60GB will be ample, make sure it is formatted NTFS, and start the install from the Windows disc.

It is important you are using a wired keyboard and mouse, and the optical drive is working.

Sounds like more that one partition has been set up attempting this. Keep us posted.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.