• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Drinking Water Does Not Prevent Dehydration?

Reaction score
Kind of like how pizza is a vegetable here in the US...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
Just one more sign Europe is doomed…

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
XJ is right. The EU has a lot bigger problems; Greece and Italy come to mind. :Smirk:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13"
Dehydrate - cause (a person or a person's body) to lose a large amount of water.

Nope, hydrating OBVIOUSLY can't help dehydration. :)

Now we know what these bureaucrats have been so busy doing!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Dehydrate - cause (a person or a person's body) to lose a large amount of water.

Nope, hydrating OBVIOUSLY can't help dehydration. :)

Now we know what these bureaucrats have been so busy doing!

The thing is it took a three year study and 21 scientists to conclude that you're wrong. The next issue they're going after is the pompous assertion that water is wet.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
And, eating doesn't prevent hunger . . . though I still hold out for pizza being a vegetable. ;)

And, the USDA recommends we consume at least five servings of vegetables per day, which would equate to a medium Peperoni Pizza. :)

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
And, eating doesn't prevent hunger . . . though I still hold out for pizza being a vegetable. ;)

And, the USDA recommends we consume at least five servings of vegetables per day, which would equate to a medium Peperoni Pizza. :)

I can eat a large pizza by myself, so that must mean I'm getting my daily dose of veggies. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Well, all I can say is.. for once it's not the US politicians that are showing their idiocy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
Well I've not time for the muppets either and the sooner we're out of it the better!

A lot of these directives are meaningless but where they do go down well is against the marketing boys and quackery.

We do need water..that's a fact but selling bottled water at extortionate prices to gullible punters has become such a racket that the manufacturers need reigning in.

Our tap water is safer and purer than most so why we blindly buy this stuff in the first place is beyond me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13"
The thing is it took a three year study and 21 scientists to conclude that you're wrong. The next issue they're going after is the pompous assertion that water is wet.
And that the sun is hot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Errr.... words fail me. Lets starve these idiots of water/drinks for a couple of days, and then see if they'd like a glass or 300 of water to rehydrate. Methinks they would.

BTW, the whole Pizza is a vegetable issue could only happen in the USA. Justifiable Obesity I call it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
My advice to the Britts? Get the heck out of the EU!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
My advice to the Britts? Get the heck out of the EU!

Never realized they have ever been in the EU -_-

What those EU blokes in Brussels discovered was that water does not prevent dehydration, but beer does.

Cheers !

Cheers ... McBie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.

What those EU blokes in Brussels discovered was that water does not prevent dehydration, but beer does.

Cheers !

Cheers ... McBie

Especially if it's Duvel @ 8.5% abv ..now that is loony juice !!!:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K

Not as directly as the rest of the continent (and certainly not on the Euro) but they seem to be part of the block when it comes to a lot of the economics and the article posted seems to imply that the rules would apply to the UK as well....

EU officials concluded that, following a three-year investigation, there was no evidence to prove the previously undisputed fact. Producers of bottled water are now forbidden by law from making the claim and will face a two-year jail sentence if they defy the edict, which comes into force in the UK next month.

If they aren't part of the EU then why is this EU law being enforced in the UK?

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
The Brits are part of the EU but not part of the Eurozone. Brits tend to be European - when it suits them. Hehe. Sort of similar to how they claim Scotland and Ireland...when it suits them. :p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.