• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

George Clooney, Noah Wyle battling to play Steve Jobs in biopic

Reaction score
George Clooney, Noah Wyle battling to play Steve Jobs in biopic

As Hollywood rushes to make a film on the life of Steve Jobs, two prominent actors -- George Clooney and Noah Wyle -- are both rumored to be in contention for the lead role.
mf.gif

Read more

Reaction score
IMO, either one of them would fit the bill, but it would be VERY interesting to see Noah Wyle play Steve again.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
25" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo iPhone 4
Clooney is just not the right body type to portray Steve. Noah would be much better.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Clooney is just not the right body type to portray Steve. Noah would be much better.

Not only is he not the right body type, but he doesn't even remotely look like him. Noah actually bares some resemblance to Steve! Looks aside, Clooney also seems all wrong from an acting standpoint. There are some roles he is just made for, and visa-versa but, I don't see him portraying someone like Jobs.

Noah was amazing playing Steve in Pirates, and deserves the roll all these years later IMO.

Doug

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 21.5 2011 Stock with Time Capsule. Ipad2 Colecovision
Noah was great in Pirates so why not have him to do it again!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2 i7 + MacBook 2.2 Duo 2 (late 2007) + ATV2 + T/C-2Tb + iPhone4 + iPad2 (64gb wifi)
is this world of racial equality and equal opportunities, what about Morgan Freeman?;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 20" 2GB/250GB; MacBook 2.0GHz - 1Gb/80GB; iPod (video)60Gb
I remember seeing Christian Bale do a great impression of Steve Jobs doing one of his rants, but can't remember where/ in what context?? And judging from his previous film roles,which involved massive weight loss/ gain, he would have no trouble in matching the great man's physique.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
Bale's personality is probably closer to Steve's from what I've read. Still, my vote is for Noah. Of course, Noah is busy with Falling Skies until that atrocity gets cancelled.

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
While we are on the subject of ridiculous people to play him, how about keanu reeves, or eddie murphy. ****, jim carrey or bruce willis aswell.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2 i7 + MacBook 2.2 Duo 2 (late 2007) + ATV2 + T/C-2Tb + iPhone4 + iPad2 (64gb wifi)
While we are on the subject of ridiculous people to play him, how about keanu reeves, or eddie murphy. ****, jim carrey or bruce willis aswell.

Tom Hanks?

Reaction score
Noah Wyle would be perfect given his piece with Steve in the past. I liked him in ER

Reaction score
newbie here

This is such a fun forum and I am so glad I dropped by. Thanks for being such a magician wherein you made me realize that reading articles such as this is would lighten my mood.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.