Windows 7 - Bootcamp - From USB - Possible?

Reaction score
Hey guys i am new here and also sorta new to MAC...

I just bought a new MBP 2011 and want to bootcamp it and install WIN on a partion of the drive... As i opened the bootcamp ***. i noticed i wasn't able to use option one, the one option allowing me to boot WIN 7 from an USB..

My first question to you pro guys is, is it possible to install WIN 7.iso from an usb on a new MBP?? // Using macs bootcamp or is it possible with some other programs?

I tried changing the info.plist that you find in bootcamp if you open package contents to try and unblock the option and changing:

<key>USBBootSupportedModels</key>
<array>
<string>IM130</string>
<string>MM50</string>
<string>MP60</string>
<string>MB80</string>
<string>MBP90</string>
<string>MBA40</string>

I added this since it should be my mac name here. I have also tried writing MB instead of MBP

<string>MBP81</string>

but this did not help and the option remained grayed out..

Do i really have to and buy DVDs to burn the iso file to? OR?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Follow the procedure give here. Although the article talks about installing on a MacBook Air, the routine should be the same.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.