Wireless Airport and iBOOK

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jordan23

I've had my router so i can connect wirelessly for a few months but i never got around to asking this ques(i know its stupid)

How do i setup my connection so that i can connect with my HOME PC, and iBook @ the same time?

IM confused because i tried everything.I connect my VERIZON dsl to my computer and obviously i get a connection, but where does the wireless come in?

in order to switch to my ibook to get a wireless connection i have to hook up my DSL to the router and get a connection.i cant have both on @ the same time?

ANY HELP WOULD BE GOOD!!!

OP
S

sursuciofla

I'm confused by what you were saying but I will try to help.

You hook phone line to your modem.
You hook your modem to the router (by ethernet).
You hook your second ethernet cable into the router.

Your Mac should pick up the wireless signal. I set up mine from my PC with the SSID and WEP. I just leave it open though because I live out in the woods.

OP
J

Jordan23

ok ill try and make it simple, how can i have my home pc and ibook(wireless)connected @ the same time?I have a linksys router

I cant get both to connect for some reason.(im not the smartest computer person in the world either :headphone

OP
M

Merlinblack

you need to have the cord that you plug into the modem (when you you want your PC online) plugged into the router.

Then the iBook could connect through the wireless and the computer through the wire.

Hope that makes sense.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini DC 1.66, Powerbook G4
Firstly, is it a wireless modem router you have, or a DSL modem and seperate wireless router/access point?

You have already established that the RJ45 (ethernet connection) works on both computers. If you want to connect to both at the same time, you need to set wireless up in your router settings (assuming you have a wireless router) and secure it so that no-one else can take advantage of your DSL. Refer to your routers instructions/do a search on the net for wireless settings for your specific router/ISP.

You need to make a note of the router's wireless network name (you can change the default name if you wish) and the password/phrase that you use for security.

When you have done that, make sure Airport is active and turned on in your iBook. Click connect and choose the network name you want to connect to and set the same security up on your iBook. (All passwords, phrases must match the wireless router encryption settings).

OP
J

Jordan23

last night i got it to work but today it wont work.what the **** happened?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Please don't cross post. Use your other thread.

Locking...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.