Wireless Airport

J

Jordan23

I've had my router so i can connect wirelessly for a few months but i never got around to asking this ques(i know its stupid)

How do i setup my connection so that i can connect with my HOME PC, and iBook @ the same time?

IM confused because i tried everything.I connect my VERIZON dsl to my computer and obviously i get a connection, but where does the wireless come in?

in order to switch to my ibook to get a wireless connection i have to hook up my DSL to the router and get a connection.i cant have both on @ the same time?

ANY HELP WOULD BE GOOD!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9
what type of router do you have? Apple branded?

OP
S

sursuciofla

You have to setup your wireless network. The discs that come with it(the router) should run you right through the process. Yes, you can plug up your ethernet cable from modem to pc but you have to set up your network for Wi-Fi otherwise you are just running straight from the modem or hub. Unless you have a wireless card in your PC then your PC cannot use a Wi-Fi connection.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12" G4, 30 GB, 768 MB RAM. iPod 5G 30GB.
OKay! after reading your post carefully i noticed that:
A) you connect the dsl directly when your using the pc
B) when you want to use your iBook you connect it to the router but
C) you dont connect it to the PC

Okay, i understand now:
Install the cds and follow the on screen guides using the pc (make sure the dsl and the computer are connected directly, it will check the connection first then it will ask you to connect the dsl modem to the router then to the pc. it will check it again.)

You will need:
2 Ethernet cables
1 Router
1 Main Computer
1 Patience

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
i dont think you will need to reset the router. if you hook up the dsl to it to use the wireless then all you have to do is get another ethernet cable and run it from one of the ports to the computer.

OP
J

Jordan23

fearlessfreap24 said:
i dont think you will need to reset the router. if you hook up the dsl to it to use the wireless then all you have to do is get another ethernet cable and run it from one of the ports to the computer.
'''

last night i got it to work but it will not work today, you definitely right im gonna need patience.why and how does that happen?

i have a cable for the DSL and a cable for the router.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
download this http://istumbler.com/

then install it.

when you use it, look at the noise column and see if there is a large figure in it. if there is, try changing the channel your router is using.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.