i-phone theft

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacsOSX13.6.4;10.13.6;iPhone SE2 17.3.1;SE1 15.8;iPadMini15.8;iPadAir 2 15.8
There are a lot of i-phones on e-bay being offered by supposedly reputable sellers but without original accessories, e.g. chargers etc. Unless it was stolen why would the seller not offer the acessories in the package?

Given that all Apple products have unique identities it ought not to be beyond the wit of man/Apple to identify whether or not they are stolen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Traders, repairers, insurance companies etc can buy reconditioned units en-masse. These are just the bare phone.

That's not to say there aren't stolen iPhones on eBay, I'm sure, given the law of averages there are. But there are legitimate routes for a 'bare' iPhone to be sold

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook unibody
yeah a lot of the reputable sellers are actually selling good iphones that arent stolen, if you think about if you do a warranty exchange at apple you only give them the phone so then those phones are repaired and sold

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Late 2011 MBP 8GB RAM 640GB HDD
I bought a brand new smartphone (not iPhone) without any packaging from a friend. He was accidentally sent 2 replacement handsets for one of his that broke. They didn't want the extra one back so he had a brand new handset to sell and I lucked out by getting a good deal and no contract :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.